Help with punkbuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with punkbuster

Today my PunkBuster client connected to the master server to download updates... as usual. But this new update freezed my PC. So I tryed to DELETE PB FOLDER and reinstall 1.41 patch... It was all ok till the PB dowloaded the update... Now I'm back to the original situation: The whole PC crashes when I play on PB ON servers... I mean DAMNIT, it sucks!!!
    Pls if U have the solution or the same problem let me know! Thnx.

PS: I've already tryed to manually update PB... but nothing to do.

[BiA]Dna

Make justice not love...

Just saw this on the PB site:

Tuesday 3.11.2003 [1:00PM]

Version 1.025 of the PB Client for RtCW has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. The new cheat detection code has been updated to address lockup problems for players running with pb_system set to 0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday 3.10.2003 [9:45PM]

The new v1.023 contains code to detect new cheats that have been released recently. This new code may conflict with certain software/drivers and lockup some systems. If your computer locks up after updating to the new PB version while playing on a RtCW PB Server, then enter "/pb_system 1" into your RtCW console when you are NOT connected to a server (i.e. from the game's main menu before trying to join an online server). PunkBuster will remember this setting so that it doesn't have to be entered every time you play.
    • And now it is my intention to go play video games for several hours.
      -Strong bad

Comment

maybe ur cvars are not setuped well...
      R.I.P.
      1951 - 2003

Comment

Originally posted by BrainPr0n
        Just saw this on the PB site:

Tuesday 3.11.2003 [1:00PM]

Version 1.025 of the PB Client for RtCW has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. The new cheat detection code has been updated to address lockup problems for players running with pb_system set to 0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday 3.10.2003 [9:45PM]

The new v1.023 contains code to detect new cheats that have been released recently. This new code may conflict with certain software/drivers and lockup some systems. If your computer locks up after updating to the new PB version while playing on a RtCW PB Server, then enter "/pb_system 1" into your RtCW console when you are NOT connected to a server (i.e. from the game's main menu before trying to join an online server). PunkBuster will remember this setting so that it doesn't have to be entered every time you play.

Already tryed, but nothing to do. My PB updates to 1.024 version, then crashes. When i Use PB_SYSTEM 1 PB server kicks me away... Now I've sent a mail to Evenbalance... Let's hope...

Comment

Have you tried DL'ing the 1.025 itself?

PB Client v1.025 for Win32

Right click and choose "save as" to your "pb\htm" folder - make sure the file you save is saved with the filename shown below.

PB Client v1.025 for Win32 Filename: wc001025.htm
            -Strong bad

Comment

Originally posted by BrainPr0n
            Have you tried DL'ing the 1.025 itself?

PB Client v1.025 for Win32

Right click and choose "save as" to your "pb\htm" folder - make sure the file you save is saved with the filename shown below.

PB Client v1.025 for Win32 Filename: wc001025.htm
            Already tryed... tnx anyway. Now I've to wait for an evenbalance response....
            [BiA]Dna

Make justice not love...

Comment

(shrug) Dunno then.

Well, hopefully they are quick to respond.
                -Strong bad

Comment

Working...
              X