Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A bone wall that sheds half-skeletons is just cool": Meet the man behind Torchlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A bone wall that sheds half-skeletons is just cool": Meet the man behind Torchlight

I didn't really notice Bring Out Your Dead on my first few playthroughs of Torchlight 2. It's a side-quest tucked snugly into the game's first act, and it's typically pulpy stuff. Meet a shady character near Skull Hollow, chat for a bit, and then head deep inside the catacombs of the Bone Gallery to fight Mordrox, a giant zombie troll.
    It made more of an impact on my latest playthrough, mind, and that's because of the aftermath of that final battle. Mordrox had been hammered into oblivion, his skeleton guards were blasted into powdery white gravel, and, looking about, I noticed the floor was knee-high with loot. More loot than I'd ever seen in Torchlight 2 before: full knee-buckling inventories of the stuff. Shoulders, hats, trousers and various wonderfully nasty weapons; potions, spells, piles of glittering gold.
    Torchlight 2's a generous game, of course, but something funny was up. Or rather, something funny had been installed. On my most recent playthrough, I've been exploring Torchlight 2 alongside SynergiesMOD, a total conversion that makes quite a difference to the way that the action RPG unfolds.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X