Many tanks: Command & Conquer turns free-to-play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many tanks: Command & Conquer turns free-to-play

On the loading screen, the general's face is fleshy, heavy-lidded and gently comic. It gives you pause. Everyone knows Command & Conquer's going free-to-play; is it possible it's going casual, too?
    Five minutes later the answer is clear. I've booted up a PvE map and I'm dreamily looking through my base-building options - oil derricks, barracks, something that looks like a futuristic mini-mall. This stuff gives you pause, too. Undue pause in my case: as I'm laying out a few structures with no particular plan in mind, the enemy turns up, fully-armed, and then burns everything to the ground.
    There isn't a lot of it to burn, actually; it doesn't even take very long. When it's done, I stare at my poor harvester choppers, twitching neurotically in the sky as they hover, impotently, above smoking delivery zones. "Oh dear," says Tim Morten, Victory Games' senior development director, trying not to laugh. "They've stormed your base." He bows his head politely. "At least now you know the right build order?"
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X