Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if I dare to ask

Hi!

I´m little embarresed to ask if anyone know how to get the Dungeon Siege workin cause I have never ever been able to play it properly.....it says someting about resources...anybody.

"We happy few, we band of brothers - for he today that sheds his blood with me - shall be my brother"
    - William Shakespear, King Henry V

Dungeon Siege is a great game. It installed and ran without problem on my system.

Could you tell me the exact error message and I'll see if I can help.

Comment

I´m reinstallin it......so I will see if that works....sometimes I was able to play half an hour and then it crashed sometimes even longer than a hour.

"We happy few, we band of brothers - for he today that sheds his blood with me - shall be my brother"

Comment

In the game, go to "Options" then to "Game" and set the "Raise App Priority" to "ON"...DS is a very taxing game on some systems, and this will give it total processor power..

Hope that helps.
        Last edited by |AoD| SiN; 06-20-2003, 04:47 PM.

Comment

And remember always disable as much as u can.....other software that hogs the PC..if not online..turn antivirus and firewall off
          ITS A DOGS LIFE

Comment

Hi guyz!!

It crashes right after I meet the girl, givin her some stuff.
            This is what it says when crashin:

A fatal error has occurred and the app must shut down. Decoding error! Compressed data is either corrupt or unreadable, possibly due to hardware failure. Try replacing or reparing the resourcefile (reinstall?) to fix this problem.

Files on disk C:\Program files\Microsoft games\Dungeon siege\resources\Objects.dres

Internal info :

resource = art\bitmaps\gui\in_game\inventory\armor\body_armor \b_gui_i_a_pos_a2_056.raw

offset = 0x040EB64C

size = 16400

crc = 0x6173935F

last error = 0x00000017

Comment

Originally posted by [BiA] Eaglefire
              Hi guyz!!

It crashes right after I meet the girl, givin her some stuff.
              This is what it says when crashin:

A fatal error has occurred and the app must shut down
              I had the same problem when I met a girl last night.... the error i got was "you're far too drunk to impress this one.."

but seriously..try either reinstalling the game or browsing the game CD for that file..and re-copying it to your game directory

Comment

LmAo Ken...I get that error sometimes!

Comment

Working...
                X