Invisible, Inc does espionage justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible, Inc does espionage justice

How's this for trouble? A while ago, I spawned in a room that didn't have any exits. My fate was limbo, if limbo even counts as a fate: eternal life amongst corporate pot plants, a hackable computer and four blank walls.
    Invisible, Inc constructs its mazes procedurally, and back when the game was in alpha you'd very occasionally get to see a genuine procedural hiccup like this. It was kind of energising. Nothing makes you realise how much freedom of approach a smart tactical game grants you so much as a situation in which you suddenly can't do anything at all. Nothing makes you dream of the things you might normally try like a few minutes spent in a room without doors.
    Last night, Klei's espionage adventure arrived on Steam Early Access. Bugs like my limbo room are gone as far as I can tell, but the promise of the game is more obvious than ever. Invisible, Inc is already an absolute delight, in fact, and it's a stealth game unlike any I've played in a while - tightly focused, genuinely tactical, and empoweringly disempowering. It removes options in order to make you creative. Violence is costly here, and it can be dangerously loud, too. Moving quickly means drawing attention to yourself. Instead - well, what do you feel like doing?
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X