Total War: Rome 2 re-review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total War: Rome 2 re-review

The Getae civilisation was nearly destroyed by two slices of toast. My lunch popped up and so I paused the pitched battle I was waging with another local tribe - a pivotal battle where I had a numerical advantage, but nevertheless had to press home my assault. When I came back, everything all browned and buttered, Total War: Rome 2 refused to unpause.
    My civilisation didn't end. A journey back through the main menu allowed me to rescue my destiny courtesy of an autosave, and so this didn't become one of those stories of how a kingdom was lost for want of a snack, but I did face a compromise. None of the time controls worked until a crash to desktop had me restarting the game. It was a bit of a pain, as a number of things in Total War: Rome 2 are a bit of a pain, but it didn't really get in the way of my continental ambitions and, more importantly, it didn't stop me from enjoying myself. Not for very long, anyway.
    While Rome 2 can't be given a wholly clean bill of health, it's in better shape than it was at release, when I wrote Eurogamer's original Total War: Rome 2 review. In many ways, it's changed. In many ways, it's exactly the same.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X