Gaming Industry Undergoing "Technology-Led Transformation," EA Exec Says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Industry Undergoing "Technology-Led Transformation," EA Exec Says

The game industry is undergoing a "technology-led transformation," according to major player Electronic Arts, whose CEO Ken Moss says he sees a massive opportunity for growth and change as a result.
    "The gaming industry is going through a technology-led transformation right now and I think we have a huge opportunity in front of us and a number of exciting challenges to solve," Moss, who joined EA only five months ago, said in a post on the company's blog.
    Some of the areas Moss said he's keeping an eye on as EA CTO are: games as a service, mobile gaming, big data, security, streaming, social connectivity, and unified game engines. "Each of these is transformational--and EA is right in the mix, Moss said.
    Moss went on to say that he plans to write future blog posts covering the topics the community would like to hear most about.
    "As you can imagine, a lot of my time is of course spent plotting out the technical strategy for the company," he added. "What you may not have guessed is that I also spend a lot of my time guiding and building the teams and talent that thrive in such a fast-paced environment and who are as excited as I am for exploring these new frontiers."
    Moss joined EA in July. Prior to coming aboard at the publisher, he held high-level technology positions at Microsoft and eBay. At EA, Moss is officially in charge of "leading the strategy and vision for EA's digital platform and information technology organizations."
    What kinds of new experiences are you looking for from EA going forward from a technical perspective? Let us know in the comments below!
    Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

More...
Working...
X