Carmageddon: Reincarnation Release Date Pushed Back With a Week to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmageddon: Reincarnation Release Date Pushed Back With a Week to Go

With only a week to go, Carmageddon: Reincarnation's release has been pushed back until May 21, developer Stainless Games has announced.
    "[D]espite all our best efforts (and believe me, the dev team have been working around the clock 24/7 to achieve this goal) I'm announcing today that we're pushing that date out by what is technically referred to as 'a tad,'" reads an announcement on Steam from community manager Shane Smith.
    "We've been making great strides on all fronts, and were within a metric smidge of releasing next week, but in our final 'Go/No Go' meeting we all agreed that the extra time was needed. The additional month gives us time to polish various areas of the game even further.
    "I know that many of you have expressed the opinion that you'd rather we brought you a better game than release too soon. And we agree!"
    It was less than a month ago that Stainless revealed Reincarnation would leave Steam Early Access on April 23. It's been available in that form since March 2014, allowing for people to pay to try the in-development version (as well as receive a copy of the full game upon release).
    Fortunately for those playing the Early Access version who were expecting to get something more finalized next week, there will be an update coming before May 21 that makes "numerous improvements to the game."
    Reincarnation is the product of a successful Kickstarer campaign back in 2012. It raised $625,000, far more than the $400,000 being asked for. At the time, the game's release was estimated to be February 2013, which has obviously turned out to be incredibly wrong. It was in 2013 that Stainless raised an additional $3.5 million, which doesn't include the additional revenue that's been generated in Early Access.
    In addition to its release on computers, Reincarnation is headed to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, though no release dates have been announced.

More...
Working...
X