Mortal Kombat X Modder Gets Unplayable Characters Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat X Modder Gets Unplayable Characters Working

Modders can certainly do some impressive things. Code tinkerer XVermillion got Baraka, Sindel, and Rain working in the Mortal Kombat X training mode. You can see those first two in the video above, and Rain below.. The trio have been Mortal Kombat staples for years, but as of right now they only appear in the campaign as opponents.
    XVermillion explained how he got the characters up and running in a Reddit post.
    There are other files you can change to get stuff like Rain's name under the health Bar but the only files I modded are in the "Assets" folder I believe; there should be 2 associated with Rain (Rain_A.xxx and another one I can't remember but you can just search the folder for Rain). Anyway, I backed up the files for Shinnok (the character I'm replacing) and renamed Rain's files to match those associated with Shinnok's 1st costume slot (CHAR_Shinnok_A.xxx and one other, the one that matches Rain's other one) and moved 'em to the folder and overwrote Shinnok's old files with the newly renamed Rain files. What you see is just me playing in training mode with what the game thinks is Shinnok but is using Rain's model and moveset.
    Mortal Kombat already has plenty of freemium content and planned DLC packs, so it wouldn't be too surprising if Baraka, Rain, and Sindel were set to be released sometime down the line. If that's the case, XVermillion's mod explanations and videos well be hit with the same types of takedown notices as the Halo: Online modding project.
    Mortal Kombat X was released April 14th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on April 14. For more of our Mortal Kombat X coverage, you can check out our fatality guide. We also have a review in progress that we'll update over the next few days as we test out the game's online modes.

More...
Working...
X