Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortal Kombat X Has Series' First Gay Character (Maybe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat X Has Series' First Gay Character (Maybe)

Kung Jin, a new playable character in Mortal Kombat X, might well be the series' first gay character, at least according to Gay Star News. That's based on two big pieces of evidence. The first is a cutscene, shown above, where Kung Jin has a conversation with series regular, Raiden.
    The above video shows a scene between the two fighters after a battle. In it, Kung Jin says that fighting Raiden made him "feel like shit." Raiden comforts him by saying "Self-loathing has always been an unfortunate part of your make-up."
    Raiden tries to convince Kung Jin to train in Shao Lin and become a warrior, honoring his ancestors. In response, Kung Jin says, "I can't… they won't… accept…" Raiden interrupts him, saying "They care only about what is in your heart. Not whom your heart desires."
    The next bit of evidence comes from a tweet by the cinematic director for Mortal Kombat X, Dominic Cianciolo, who seemed to confirm the rumors. "I see people are picking up on the subtle exposition contained in Kung Jin's flashback," he said. "Glad we have observant fans!"
    @bcharred I see people are picking up on the subtle exposition contained in Kung Jin's flashback. Glad we have observant fans!
    — Dominic Cianciolo (@domcianciolo) April 14, 2015
    What do you think? Is that enough to conclude Kung Jin is homosexual, or are some fans too quick to jump to conclusions?

More...
Working...
X