Call of Duty Boss Draws Obama, Lady Gaga, Gandalf, and More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty Boss Draws Obama, Lady Gaga, Gandalf, and More

Glen Schofield, the CEO of Call of Duty developer Sledgehammer Games (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare) has launched a new website that features his unique back & white portraits of celebrities and other icons from around the world.
    Anyone who's followed Schofield on Twitter knows he's an artist and has seen some of his portraits before. But this new website collects his entire body of work, which is quite expansive and impressive.
    Schofield's "Icon" series depicts people who "stand out for their talent and/or accomplishments, whether good or bad." Some examples include Dr. Phil, President Obama, Oprah, and Yasser Arafat, among many others. Animals are also included in the Icon series, because the animal world has icons, too, Schofield says.
    The portraits ("some call these Icons caricatures but they are my way of doing portraits," Schofield says) are created by hand using "dozens" of different types and size ink pens.
    "I take pride in my line of work and I'm always pushing myself," Schofield says on the website. "I draw all of the time and average about one Icon every two days."
    Schofield also does acrylic paintings, focusing primarily on nature, including landscapes and seascapes. You can see all of Schofield's Icons portraits here and his acrylic paintings here.
    Before joining the video game industry, Schofield earned a BFA from Pratt Institute and an MBA and an Honorary Doctorate from Golden Gate University in San Francisco. He got his start as a freelance illustrator in New York City, before later moving to video games.
    He's worked on more than 45 video games in all, including various licensed James Bond titles, while he co-created the Dead Space franchise and later started Sledgehammer Games.
    With the Call of Duty series now on a three-year, three-studio development cycle, that would suggest Sledgehammer's next game would be due to launch in 2017. This game, of course, has not been announced. However, the developer has a number of open positions posted to its website.
    Due out this fall is Call of Duty: Black Ops III, developed by Treyarch Studios.

More...
Working...
X