No announcement yet.

Assetto Corsa is about to bring one of the finest handling models to console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assetto Corsa is about to bring one of the finest handling models to console

"We don't have a thousand cars, tracks or a career where you can collect cars." Marco Massarutto, co-founder of Assetto Corsa developer Kunos Simulazioni, knows he can't play the numbers game, especially now the lauded simulator is on the cusp of coming to a competitive console market. "[In Assetto Corsa] you don't collect cars. You drive cars."
    And what glorious driving it is. Kunos Simulazioni has placed a premium on the handling, and it's paid off handsomely. Assetto Corsa has been gathering devotees ever since it was one of the very first games in Steam's Early Access programme, working towards a full release towards the tail-end of 2014 and building in stature ever since. I count myself as one of its fans, having been won over by Kunos' remarkable achievement early on in Assetto Corsa's lifespan.
    Handling models are always a matter of taste - you can debate endlessly whether Gran Turismo or Forza offers more authenticity, but they'll always be interpretations of the real thing that are, in their own way, equally valid - and there's something about Assetto Corsa that's in tune with mine. It's something about the pliability of its tire model, and the generous window you're given to play with between the limit of adhesion and the messy abyss beyond it. It's something about how readable the cars are, and the way each one talks back to you through impressive feedback - with some cars more talkative than others.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X