Why virtual reality is the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why virtual reality is the future

I am immediately suspicious of people who say you must try something to find out if you like it. I have been told this about many things over the course of my life: snowboarding, whisky, karaoke, bottom sex, olives. I have tried all these things. I like one of them.
    So historically, I have paid no attention to people banging on about how amazing virtual reality is. "But you MUST try it," they say. Hmm, I think. I like video games. I do not need them beamed directly into my eyes to appreciate them. I don't think this would improve the experience, in the same way I don't think I would enjoy a glass of wine more if it was served in an IV drip. (Although I did have a friend at university who tried this using a box of Piat D'Or and a Capri-Sun straw, with mixed results.)
    "But you can't POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE until you've done it," they say. I particularly hate this phrase because it's the same one smug parents used to bark at me when I was pregnant. "You've got NO IDEA how your life is about to change," they would add, failing to realise I did have some idea, having spent the last two hours listening to them list the 478 ways in which my life was about to change.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X