Watch: DayZ creator's new VR game is brilliant fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch: DayZ creator's new VR game is brilliant fun

That was quick. Dean Hall's Rocketwerkz studio already has a Vive game up on Early Access. It's called Out of Ammo, and Chris Bratt and I have spent the morning messing around with it.
    And I think it might be love. Out of Ammo's very simple, but it's also wonderfully suited to VR: a hectic top-down strategy game in which you place sandbanks, bunkers and watchtowers to see off waves of incoming enemies. Once you've populated your fortifications with soldiers, you can then drop into their bodies for a while and see what the action's like at the sharp end.
    There are so many details in this scrappy little game that I love. I love the way that you have to physically deal with ammo clips, pulling out empties and replacing them. I love the way that your more expansive powers see you sending sniper shots echoing right across the map or calling in bombers. Most of all, I love the way you can mess around with your wristwatch to check out wave numbers and how many kills you've racked up. There's something very neat about fiddling with a VR watch.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X