Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The spirit of Geometry Wars' best mode lives again in Pan-Dimensional Conga Combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The spirit of Geometry Wars' best mode lives again in Pan-Dimensional Conga Combat

Pacifism was always a weird name for it: I ended up killing millions. But at the heart of Geometry Wars' greatest mode was a clever twist on the game's central idea. Here was a twin-stick shooter in which you could no longer shoot. In Pacifism, you had to kill indirectly, by racing through little gates that would explode and take out any enemies kiting you.
    Simple stuff, and inevitably I lost hours to it. Eventually I had to step back and delete Geometry Wars 2, just so that I could get on with my life. Now, here's Pan-Dimensional Conga Combat, the latest twist on pacifism and the next game I'm probably going to have to delete if I want to see my friends and family again.
    Indirect combat: in PDCC, you race around 2D environments taking out swarms of enemies, but, once again, you generally can't shoot them. Instead, you force them to collide with your electro-tail thing that arcs and sways in your wake, tracing your steps, and carving the game's open spaces into tangles of deadly light. If Blockade was all about sinuous curves, it might have turned into something like this.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X