Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Battlefront 3 Fan Remake Devs Say It's Been Approved for Steam Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Battlefront 3 Fan Remake Devs Say It's Been Approved for Steam Release

Frontwire, the developer behind the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront III remake, Galaxy in Turmoil, has announced that Valve has agreed to host the game on Steam. This is a big change, as Frontwire had previously told its fans it might not be possible (on Steam proper or Steam Greenlight) due to its use of the Star Wars IP. But there was a breakthrough recently.
    "It is with great pleasure that as of today I am able to officially announce that Frontwire Studios has officially signed a distribution deal with Steam/Valve for the game Galaxy in Turmoil," Frontwire president Tony Fergie Romanelli said in a statement. "After ongoing discussion between Valve representatives and myself, Valve/Steam has agreed to ship Galaxy in Turmoil to its millions of users for FREE."
    Since Galaxy in Turmoil will make use of the Star Wars IP, and is unlicensed, you might be wondering if Disney will come forward to shut it down, even though Frontwire won't charge for it. Romanelli shares some of those concerns, but he isn't overly worried, it sounds like.
    "I'll be honest--I've had mild concerns myself from time to time," Romanelli explained. "However, Valve clearly lacks that same concern. By agreeing to publish Galaxy in Turmoil, Valve is assisting us in growing and ensuring the longevity of the Galaxy in Turmoil project and community as a whole."
    Romanelli shared an image of Galaxy in Turmoil's Steam page, but it does not appear to be live on the platform just yet.
    For more on Galaxy in Turmoil, which runs on Unreal Engine 4, check out this roundup of everything we learned from a recent livestream.
    Despite numerous and detailed evidence about its existence and development, LucasArts never actually confirmed that Battlefront III was in fact in production. The game has long been the subject of much rumor, speculation, and head-butting.
    EA launched a new Star Wars Battlefront game in November for PlayStation 4,Xbox One, and PC--it was a big, big hit. Multiple sequels are apparently also on the way.

More...
Working...
X