Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' new first-person servers make the game feel even more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' new first-person servers make the game feel even more

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds finally pushed it's latest update to the Public Test Servers, and with it introduced the long-awaited first-person only servers. Battlegrounds was - and still is - playable in first-person on the game's standard servers. But now there are first-person only servers as well, and they make all the difference. This is my experience after a handful of games on those first-person servers.
    As soon as I dropped onto the waiting island I noticed the increased Field of Vision (FOV). The previous first-person option felt like tunnel vision - I had to move the screen from side-to-side ust to see a little bit more ahead. There was also the frustration of my unequipped gun creeping into my peripheral vision whenever I ran. This often resulted in me assuming the gun was an enemy and going into a full-blown panic. My mantra is "shoot anything that moves", which means I often give away my position.
    Now, there's a FOV slider in the settings menu, which lets you alter your vision between 80 and 103 degrees. I kept mine at the safe default of 90 degrees and immediately felt less anxious. Not needing to constantly keep moving my camera also made the game feel more fluid.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X