LA's weirdest gift shop made it into GTA 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA's weirdest gift shop made it into GTA 5

On my honeymoon a few years back, my wife and I went to the coroner's office. More specifically, we went to the LA County Coroner's Office, in Boyle Heights, Los Angeles. I had heard there was a gift shop, and my aunt and uncle, who live in LA and are always up for pretty much anything, said that it was a laugh riot, and so we drove out there from their place in Bunker Hill.
    A few minutes of driving and we pulled up in front of a surprisingly fancy red-brick building set back from the road. We walked in, pushing through doors inlaid with that beautiful ribbed glass you see in detectives' offices in old Bogart movies, past people who you worry might be there to identify a corpse, and then you follow the signs to the gift shop.
    I have been here several times now, and there is never any other customers in the gift shop. Each time I have been, in fact, the lady behind the counter makes the same joke - "It's dead quiet today!" - and then I spend the same sort of 15 minutes browsing through the same goods.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X