A fireside chat with Hearthstone's biggest bosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fireside chat with Hearthstone's biggest bosses

I've been playing Hearthstone now for more than four years, since the days of its closed beta, but I can still remember every update to the game and how well it stuck with me, and how, generally, it was received by the game's talkative community. This time last year, I was put off by Mean Streets of Gadgetzan's influx of new cards, and surprised when, this spring, Blizzard promised three more big card dumps over the course of this year.
    2017 will see more Hearthstone cards released than any year before it, with three fully-fledged expansions instead of a smaller, snappier single-player Adventure. And yet the latest expansion, Knights of the Frozen Throne, has been well received. It included Death Knight versions of Hearthstone's heroes and free single-player missions of the kind Adventures used to offer.
    After four years, and with a community of ever-fluctuating interest, perhaps it is good Hearthstone is experimenting with its format. I was keen to ask Hearthstone's executive producer Hamilton Chu and game director Ben Brode for their thoughts when I talked to them back at Gamescom, and to pick their brains on other topics such as cross-platform play and consoles, following Microsoft and Nintendo's announcements they were opening up their networks to play across rival machines and PC.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X