No announcement yet.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 looks like a case of being careful what you wish for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Battlefront 2 looks like a case of being careful what you wish for

You can't fault EA for listening to the fans, at least. When its revival of the Battlefront series came out in 2015, the main complaint was how basic it all was, and how developer DICE had watered down the epic skirmishes of Pandemic's original for a wilfully dumb shooter.
    And now, with DICE taking onboard feedback and having layered on the complexity for the sequel, I find myself yearning for that simplicity. There's something to be said for a mindless shooter in an age where the genre's often obfuscated by needlessly complex systems, and for all my gripes with the original Battlefront it's still something I was happy to return to again and again until I realised I'd played some 70 hours and hit the level cap.
    It's a lot harder to switch off and just wallow in the fan service in Battlefront 2 - though rest assured that, once again, the fan service is impeccable, with an outrageously sumptuous rendering of the Star Wars universe and one of the most visually striking games you'll come across this year. There's a lot to get your head around now, whether it's the slightly forced squad system, the all-new classes or the battle points you acquire, or even just how to navigate the Naboo map that's the centrepiece of the beta (you can read about them in a bit more detail in our recent preview of the beta).
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X