Dispelling the myths of Bloodborne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispelling the myths of Bloodborne

Rejoice! Bloodborne, a nailed-on cert for one of the games of the generation, is now available to everyone with a PlayStation Plus subscription, and it is soooooo goddamn good; From Software's finest, if you ask me, a razor-edged, blood-soaked distillation of the Souls formula into something that's headily unique. It's a work of exquisite art, basically, yet there are still some put off by it all. There are still those who haven't sampled its delights.
    Why's that? Maybe it's just not for them - and that's fine, the tasteless heathens - or maybe they've been put off by one of the erroneous preconceptions around Bloodborne, or around From Software's games. Well, that's why I'm here to make a final plea, and to try and bust some of the myths around Bloodborne.
    Bollocks is it. Here's a thing: I'm terrible at video games. I've stumbled over gaming's simplest hurdles, been humiliated by the lowliest of enemies and will often go for an easy mode if one's available, and yet I've run through Bloodborne twice without ever really breaking much of a sweat. The myth about From Software games and the challenge they hold was one started with Demon's Souls and was happily played upon by the marketing surrounding the Dark Souls trilogy, but like a lot of marketing fluff it's a little wide of the truth. Even worse, it runs the risk of putting off more people than it attracts.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X