Everything we know about Far Cry 5's map editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything we know about Far Cry 5's map editor

Since the announcement of Far Cry 5, details of its map editor and multiplayer portions have been surprisingly thin on the ground. I'm a big fan of that kind of stuff though, so during a trip to try out the campaign, I badgered the developers for a bit more info about Far Cry Arcade and in particular, the map editor.
    You can watch a pretty exhaustive list video below, which covers my findings, but I've also jotted down the main points in the following article. There's a load of information in here, from the simple stuff like how many modes are available, right through to some really detailed breakdowns of new assets, effects and the way you can alter the environment to suit your needs. If you're interested in map-making in any way, you need to check this out because from what I've learnt, it looks like Far Cry 5's level editor will be shaping up to be the tool of map makers' dreams!
    Let's start with the basics. Far Cry Arcade is the new hub in Far Cry 5 for playing user-made solo, co-op and multiplayer missions and it is a separate entity to the main campaign. Far Cry Arcade can be accessed through the main menu, or by interacting with a number of arcade machines found dotted around the single-player game world. You cannot however access the Far Cry 5 map editor through Far Cry Arcade. The level editor is only accessible through the main menu of Far Cry 5, so if you want to build rather than play, you'll need to exit out of Hope County and head back to the title screen.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X