Mass Effect Writer, Who Left In 2012 And Then Came Back, Has Left Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Effect Writer, Who Left In 2012 And Then Came Back, Has Left Again

BioWare writer Drew Karpyshyn, who worked on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect 1, and Mass Effect 2, has left the developer for a second time. Karpyshyn originally left the esteemed RPG studio in 2012 to work on novels and other non-game projects. He returned to BioWare in 2015 and was reportedly working on the company's new IP, Anthem, until he left last week for the second time.
    Writing on his blog, Karpyshyn said he's quitting BioWare this time to work on more original novels, including a sci-fi graphic novel, as well as freelance gaming work.
    Karpyshyn said he will not discuss why he left BioWare, though he expects people to speculate as to why. "There is no dirty laundry I'm just waiting to air," he said. "And please don't ask about any BioWare projects I've been working on--just because I've left BioWare doesn't mean I'm going to start blabbing all their secrets."
    Karpyshyn's first post-BioWare video game work will be something with FoxNextGames and developer Fogbank Entertainment. This will be an episodic narrative game that is based on an "acclaimed Fox IP," but we don't know which one.
    BioWare's new IP Anthem is currently in development for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. In his statement, Karpyshyn said working at BioWare can be "exhausting."
    "Everyone who works at BioWare pours their heart and soul into the games they are making. It’s creatively demanding and--at times--exhausting," he said.
    Originally set to launch in 2018, Anthem is now slated for release in 2019. The delay was reportedly due in part to development issues, though EA indicated it moved the game instead to release it during a less-crowded time.

More...
Working...
X