Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Game Of Thrones Star Reveals His Character's Final Words

THIS POST CONTAINS BIG-TIME GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS
    Ned Stark has his head chopped off at the end of Game of Thrones Season 1. For those who hadn't read the books, it was startling and unexpected. His death is a swift one, too, but before his head separated from his body, we saw the character whisper something.
    But what did he say?
    Actor Sean Bean revealed to Huffington Post that Ned was "just saying a prayer." Fans had theorised that Ned might have been saying "valar morgulis" which means "all men must die." Others thought Ned was maybe trying to speak to Bran. But he was only praying, apparently.
    "It appears that way, doesn't it?" Bean said. "I couldn't be too specific, because I don't know if religion [like that] was around in those days, whatever they were. I just thought, 'What would you do if this were really gonna happen?' You probably would pray. You probably would murmur some words and you'd keep it quiet. You'd keep it to yourself."
    Some Game of Thrones believe that Ned is somehow still alive and may come back for the upcoming final Season 8. Bean told the site that HBO hasn't contacted him about coming back--and he doesn't think that would be fitting anyway.
    "I've done my time there, and I created a good character," Bean said. "It'd be rather strange to see him resurrected."
    Game of Thrones Season 8 premieres sometime in 2019. There are six episodes in all, which doesn't sound like many, but remember that they might all be as long as movies.

More...
Working...
X