Bond 25: Major Director Confirms He Is Involved And Working On Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bond 25: Major Director Confirms He Is Involved And Working On Script

The level of speculation about the director of each new James Bond movie is almost as great as who will play the iconic superspy. We know that Daniel Craig is back for Bond 25, and there have been a number of recent reports that Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle might helm the movie. Now Boyle has spoken about whether this will happen.
    In an interview with Metro US, Boyle confirmed last month's reports that he was working on a Bond script with his regular scriptwriter John Hodge. "We are working on a script right now," he said. "And it all depends on that really. I am working on a Richard Curtis script at the moment. We hope to start shooting that in six or seven weeks. Then Bond would be right at the end of the year. But we are working on them both right now.
    "John Hodge, the screenwriter, and I have got this idea, and John is writing it at the moment. And it all depends on how it turns out. It would be foolish of me to give any of it away."
    While this is not confirmation that Boyle is to helm the Bond movie, it does support the earlier story about the development of the scripts for Bond 25. Last month, Deadline reported that there are two screenplays in the works, one from Hodge, the other by Bond veterans Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. The studio will decide which script to go with once Hodge's is delivered; if the Hodge script is chosen, then Boyle will direct it. If not, he will step away and a new director will be hired to direct Purvis and Wade's screenplay.
    The latest two Bond movies--Skyfall and Spectre--were directed by American's Beauty's Sam Mendes, but he left the franchise last year. There was also months of uncertainty as to whether Craig would return to play 007 for a fifth time, but in August he confirmed that he will be back. Bond 25 hits theaters on November 8, 2019.

More...
Working...
X