No announcement yet.

God Of War PS4 Has Four Difficulty Options, And The Highest Sounds Really Tough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Of War PS4 Has Four Difficulty Options, And The Highest Sounds Really Tough

The new God of War game for PlayStation 4 coming out soon will have four difficulty options, Sony has announced--and the most difficult one sounds very challenging. From easiest to m most difficult, the options are called "Give Me A Story," "Give Me A Balanced Experience," "Give Me A Challenge," and "Give Me God of War."
    Sony recommends that people play on "Give Me A Balanced Experienced," which aims to offer a balanced but challenging experience. If you want to experience the story and not struggle too much, "Give Me A Story" is the option for you. The "Give Me A Challenge" ption is "harder and less forgiving," Sony says. This is the option to go with if you're a confident player who is familiar with the God of War series (even though the combat is changed).
    And finally, the "Give Me God of War" option is aimed at people "who wrestle polar bears in their undies," Sony said. For this mode, Kratos is weaker, enemies are stronger, and enemy behaviour is changed so that it is "as threatening as possible." Additionally, on this ultra-difficult mode, you cannot change difficulty if it gets too tough. You'll have to completely start over on a new game. You can see the complete descriptions for all of God of War's difficulty modes listed below.
    Additionally, Sony has announced that God of War will have an Immersion Mode that only fills the HUD with the most necessary items. "There's no right or wrong way to play; you'll certainly have a lot of helpful info close at hand if you're playing with the HUD fully enabled," Sony said. "But for those fans who are sensitive to the HUD, or perhaps for folks who want to stream or capture and would prefer as little UI as possible, there you go."
    Finally, there is another mode that lets you choose which HUD elements you want to have on, off, or enabled through the touch pad only for a short time.
    God of War launches on April 20 exclusively for PlayStation 4. For more, check out GameSpot's new video where we play the game alongside Stranger Things star David Harbour and game director Cory Barlog.
    God of War PS4 Difficulty Options:

• Give Me A Story: lets you experience the story without too much of a difficult gameplay challenge. You won’t be taking a gondola to the top of the highest peaks in all the Norse Realms, but you will have a far greater margin for error in enemy encounters.
    • Give Me A Balanced Experience: is the mode we’d recommend most players start with. The name says it all. We’ve tuned it to deliver a balanced, challenging playthrough.
    • Give Me A Challenge: is harder and less forgiving. It is recommended for players who find action games extremely intuitive, and for confident long-time God of War series veterans who’ve beat past games on harder difficulties.
    • Give Me God of War: is the sort of thing reserved for people who wrestle polar bears in their undies. Maybe not quite that, but it’s the most difficult mode in the game. We haven’t just made you weaker or enemies stronger; we’ve looked at enemy behaviors and placements in encounters as well, tweaking everything to make it as threatening as possible. Best of all, you cannot change difficulties once you start a game on this mode, so if you suddenly realize you’re in way over your head, you’ll have to start a new game. Don’t be sorry, be better?

More...
Working...
X