Jamie Lee Curtis Reveals New Halloween Movie Plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie Lee Curtis Reveals New Halloween Movie Plot

The new Halloween movie, which will see Jamie Lee Curtis return to the series, isn't in theaters until October. However, details about the film are finally starting to trickle out, now that production is wrapped. The first poster for the film has been released, and now Curtis is talking about the plot.
    It was known that the new movie will serve as a sequel to the 1978 original, disregarding the seven sequels and two rebooted films from director Rob Zombie. As Curtis tells Yahoo, she sees the new movie as a retelling of the first film, 40 years later. "There was the idea of, 'What do you call it?'' If I had had my druthers, I probably would've called it Halloween Retold. Because it's being retold," she explains. "It's the original story in many, many, many ways. Just retold 40 years later with my granddaughter."
    What this says is that clearly, Laura had at least one child after the events of Halloween. That said, it's unclear whether the new film will make use of either of her children introduced previously in the series.
    Her daughter Jamie Lloyd was introduced in Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers. However, she was killed off two movies later in Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers. In Halloween H20, the timeline of the franchise was altered, and it was decided that Jamie never existed. Instead, Laurie has a son named John. After this movie, John was never mentioned again.
    Given that the series is essentially retconning everything that happened after the first movie, perhaps it'll be best to just start from scratch and bring in Laurie's third only child--this is a confusing bunch of movies. Whatever the case, the script written by David Gordon Green and Danny McBride sounds like a winner.
    "I've seen a trailer and I've seen some footage, and it's terrifying," Curtis says. "They went full-tilt boogeyman. And I've never said that in my life, and I will say full-tilt boogeyman for the rest of the year as I go around talking about this."
    The next Halloween, which will also see original movie director John Carpenter returning as executive producer, creative consultant, and composer, will be in theaters on April 19.

More...
Working...
X