George Lucas Changed A Scene In Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lucas Changed A Scene In Solo: A Star Wars Story

Lucasfilm under the Disney label has become the new caretakers of the Star Wars franchise, but original visionary George Lucas still has some pull. Ron Howard, who directed the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story, revealed that his old colleague Lucas had some feedback for a scene, and he took it.
    "We were doing a scene and he was trying to stay out of the way, but he did lean over and he said, 'You know what Han would really do there?'" Howard said on The Late Show (via EW). "I said, 'What?' And he told me the joke, he gave me a little joke. And I said [to the crew], 'Hey, guess what? Here's what we're gonna do in the next take.' So I know when I hear a good idea."
    Given the tone of the anecdote, it seems that Lucas' suggestion likely made the cut--though we'll probably have to hear some follow-up from Howard on which quip in particular sprung from the mind of the series creator. Lucas did create Han Solo, and this movie is meant to be a throwback to the iconic rogue, so it makes sense that he'd have thoughts on how to steer the characterization.
    Of course, Lucas has seemed at times peevish at the direction of the new films under Disney's direction. When The Force Awakens released, he made comments indicating frustration that the company had deviated from his own vision for the series. More recently, he said The Last Jedi was "beautifully made" but stopped short of any further thoughts. It was also apparently not what he had in mind for the future of some of his iconic characters. Lucas hasn't chimed in with thoughts on Solo yet, but we can say with near-certainty that he thinks it has at least one pretty good joke.

More...
Working...
X