Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still working on a bia server

Hi all,

Want to say that i'm still working on the bia and friends server but since i got myself a second pc and i use this broadband cable router i can't get online whit my server.
    i need to find out how it works because i can run a server but i can't find it back in the server list.
    i hope i figure it out soon so i can run an rtcw and a et server for us.
    if some one knows how to program the cable router pls let me know.

Drnono,

Maybe its stupid what I say now but watch out to put your setting (the server) on internet not local, happend to me once.
    Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
    Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

Thnks cor , i did this once too but now the problem is the build in firewall off the broadband router so i'm going to make a gateway and remove the router and then it must work.(i hope).
      and iff not then i'm going to a pc training for nono's i think.

Comment

your router should support port forwarding..by default wolf runs on port 27960...almost all of the routers have a web administration tool. so in your web browser, you can type in the lan address of the router and should be able to log in to it (typically the lan ip of a home router is 192.168.1.1)...

also another thing to consider when hosting a server is your upstream bandwidth..most upstream rates here in the States are 256k, which doesn't make for a big server..Here is a good link to calculate the max clients you can have (sv_maxrate is what you are going to want to adjust):

http://wolf.dehn.net/calculator.php

Comment

Working...
        X