Very important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very important

My roommates computer crashed today, she just purchased it about a 2 weeks ago. She called the help desk and found out there is a virus that attacks all computers running windows xp. There is a glitch in the XP operating system that someone has figured out. It causes your computer to reboot in a loop actually. There is a patch to fix the problem. You need to goto microsoft.com. Once there goto the search window on the left side and type in the following exactly as it is written...

windows xp-kb823980

Once you do this choose the first search that is returned, you will know you have the right one if RPC is in the line. Once chosen download the program, you can either run it straight or burn it to a cd. I ran it straight then burned it for friends of mine to have. I hope none of you have any serious problems or that this helps if you do.

Doug
    Freedom isn't free.
    Thank an American war Veteran for yours.

You're right Doug...Information about this virus can be found HERE

W32/Lovsan.worm (Found on 8/11/2003)

Aliases:

msblast.exe, tftp, W32.Blaster.Worm (Symantec), Win32.Poza (CA), WORM_MSBLAST.A (Trend)

I had this virus too, and removed it with this FREE PROGRAM called Stinger...Worked like a champ!

Then go HERE and download the patch for your version of windows so you are not at risk...
    Last edited by |AoD| SiN; 08-12-2003, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much! I have the XP too =)

No hagas lo que no te guste que hagan a ti..

LIFE IS TOO SHORT.. LOVE IS SEEING AN IMPERFECT PERSON, PERFECT!!

Comment

hehe nice! I think that i wont b forced to pay to fix that PC hehe thx guys

do u know if we can run it directly from the cd or if I have to go in windows XP before running it... coz XP dont even open
        Last edited by |BoB| Sgt.Savard; 08-12-2003, 08:37 AM.
        R.I.P.
        1951 - 2003

Comment

Im fed, im sure blaster didn't attack me, it was another virus, man it'a very anoying, i kept fighting with it since saturday, and it become worse...
          This thing started making in my PC desktopconfig.ini, and at a time i had like 400 diferent ones all trough my system, DAM, but i kept telling myself, no my antivirus is keeping it ok, no...
          according to what i read, and investigate and got told, this virus creates a patch and install it in ur Win32 folder, this patch is not recognized by the antivirus, then the virus commits cyber suicide, LOL Ken, but if u think it thats what it does, after that, my PC, when reboted placed in my desktop a notepad with some kind of %system%ireallydontknow.ddl. DAM again, well, then when reboted, it gave me an error, error no win.ini file, rebboting from C:\Windows\...
          Then, well it just didnt load windows

I guess the learning part of this is, IF U SEE A VIRUS, AND U CANT GET IT OFF, REFORMATT, man i do this every 3 months or so, i dont what took me so long to it...

Well, at least i learned somthing

After this happened, i went to the internet to get some drivers, and i hadnt installed antivirus, and Blaster got me

LMAO

i guess my system is good right now, but I'm that paranid, to make a daily scan to my PC, and have 2 firewalls...

LMAO
          Last edited by [BiA] MavericK; 08-16-2003, 12:02 AM.
          Learn on other people mistakes.....
          You can never make them all!!!!

Comment

Jeezes Mav, could system recovery not help you?
            LMAO because you are so straight and honost, I like that.
            Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
            Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
            Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

Originally posted by |BoB| COR
              Jeezes Mav, could system recovery not help you?
              LMAO because you are so straight and honest, I like that.

Thanks for ur kind words

I guess not, cause the problem was in the registry, so for my system that thing was on a normal parameter

Its called ntoskrnel.exe

Anybody knows what that is???

Comment

HI Mav. I found something on this forum, not sure if its any help for u, its a forum where they r talkin about this file, page 114-115.How To Change The Windows 2000 Boot Logo

"We happy few, we band of brothers - for he today that sheds his blood with me - shall be my brother"
                - William Shakespear, King Henry V

Comment

opps I talked too fast, it crashed again, and i had to do it all over.....

Comment

Working...
                  X