Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some info of some good graphic-cards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some info of some good graphic-cards??

Hi, was wondering if u guyz knew about these freaking cards... downloaded the benchmark, And now I must get a new one really soon.

How big diff. is it between ATI and Nvidia?

Im not gonna afford the 9800 cards however whatabout the 9600 or 9700 r they any good?

Have a Radeon 9000 128mb right now, do I have to say that my benchmarkresult sux bigtime!!
    Last edited by [BiA] Eaglefire; 01-06-2004, 06:24 AM.

"We happy few, we band of brothers - for he today that sheds his blood with me - shall be my brother"
    - William Shakespear, King Henry V

lol
    theres a few things about benchmarking
    its not representative of actual game play
    right now as i see it all Geforce FX cards suck
    id take an old GF4 Ti card any day
    and for ATi i would go with anything abover 9500 Pro or higher

Comment

Ok, I get that ATI is the best, but there r severals diff. companys building this card...so which is the best?

"We happy few, we band of brothers - for he today that sheds his blood with me - shall be my brother"

Comment

Thank god I got the pc-doctor

He can show me how to switch graphic-card....

Comment

mostly for Ati cards Sapphire is usually the best
          but for euro ppl i think its club3d or gexcube i cant really remember

Comment

Try to get an old 9500 pro. It has 8 pipelines, the newer models only have 4. Memory access is 256 bits, instead of 128. Unfortunatly the old 9500pro is rare and hard to get.

Regards

Comment

Still looking for a video card? I got the 9600 pro a couple of months ago and it works great. I play RTCW as well as AASF (which is a very demanding game-- graphics wise) I was looking to get the 9700 pro but they are rare. you cant beat a 9600 pro for the price.
              Run with the pack or get left behind!

Comment

Well contrary to the popular belief of some people on these forums, FX cards DO NOT suck...For instance, I just bought this GF FX 5900 (retail box-brand new) for $189 bucks online...This card can be flashed to an FX 5950 which is Nvidias top of the line card that retails for almost $500 bucks!

Behold the BFG Asylum GeForce FX 5900.. (This is the exact same card that in my rig, as well as Cpt.WeeDs rig...We are both thrilled with the performance of this card...Just call us 'The BFG Bros' LOL)

>> GPU NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5900
                >> Bus Type AGP
                >> Memory 128MB DDR
                >> Core Clock 400MHz
                >> Memory Clock 850MHz (effective)
                >> RAMDAC Dual 400MHz
                >> API Support Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0, OpenGL
                for Microsoft® Windows®
                >> Connectors VGA, DVI, VIVO
                >> 300 million vertices/sec.
                >> High performance cooling solution with blue LED lights and dual fan
                >> AGP 8X (compatible with 4X and 2X AGP 2.0 compliant slots)
                >> Up to 8 pixels per clock rendering engine
                >> Up to 16 textures per pass
                >> NVIDIA® CineFX™ 2.0 engine
                >> Microsoft® DirectX ® 9.0 with Vertex Shader 2.0 and Pixel Shader 2.0
                >> NVIDIA® UltraShadow™ technology enhances performance of bleeding-edge games that use complex shadows

(Note: The specs above reflect apon an unflashed BFG Asylum FX 5900)

$189 is a very small price to pay for all this performance I'm getting...(You better grab one of these soon..They're getting hard to find, and the price is going up up up!)

Sure, you can spend $500 smackers on an ATI 9800 Pro, but you won't see much difference in terms of performance compared to an FX 5900 (flashed to a 5950).. Even unflashed, this card still rocks!

The best thing to do in any upgrade situation is to do a little research with Google™, and you'll find exactly what you're looking for...

[BFG Technologies] is a US-based manufacturer offering a
                lifetime warranty on all its cards and free support (24 hours a
                day, seven days a week) through emails or a toll-free hotline
                (in the US). No other manufacturer even comes close to this
                level of service.

http://www.bfgtech.com/

Last edited by |AoD| SiN; 02-19-2004, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Yea what he said
                  Last edited by |AoD| Cpt.WeeD; 02-19-2004, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Yes 5900 kicks ass.Kilroy has it.i tryed it in my cpu, It rocks....For 189 dollars its a great deal....Go hydro

Comment

Working...
                    X