• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFV - no CD key

Hi Guys

Everytime i try and join a BFV server, i get an error message;

Invaild CD key

That's what I have with CoD too, and i bought it for god sake..
    To be is to do.
    -Socratus
    To do is to be.
    -Sartre
    Do be do be do.
    -Sinatra

Comment

The problem comes in if windows is shut down improperly after an install. Let's say you install bfv, and then you play all day without restarting your computer. A few hours later someone pulls the plug on your comp or you have to reset your machine manually for whatever reason. When the computer boots up you have lost all of your installation settings for the prior bfv install thus deleting the data for your cd key and several other important installation information.

You can prevent this from happening if you install bfv and then perform a normal restart routine thru the start menu. That way if you do get shut off for whatever reason, your settings will remain intact. The bfv installation should request you to restart your computer, but it doesn't.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ok im presume that you have a Bought copy from a shop, not a 2nd hand or Hired copied version.

Now on the back of your CD case you will have a CD Key, open Regedit . Start/run/Regedit then open this Key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\ergc

Right click on the string input and press MODIFY.
      Then enter your CD key with no spaces and exit Regedit.
      Then Reboot your machine and try to load the game in MultiPlayer online.

If the CD Key is a valid one it WILL work.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------From EA Tech Support:

This indicates an error in the Windows registry. To resolve this, you will need to enter your CD key again using a Utility called Battlefield Vietnam_code.exe.

1. Double Click My Computer.
      2. Double Click the C drive.
      3. Double Click the Program Files folder.
      4. Double Click the Battlefield Vietnam folder.
      5. Double Click the eReg folder.
      6. Double Click the file called 'Battlefield Vietnam_code'.
      7. Enter your CD key into the boxes provided and click 'Next'.
      Disregard the error about the image not loading on the left hand side.

This should insert your CD key into your registry again and you should be able to join a Multiplayer game without this error.

hope this can be to some help

Ohh dont use a "no cd patch" it f%&$# up the game
      Pure (Sweden) Biggest nOOb ever....Free Birth

Comment

COD

I have now installed this patch on all of my computers with the same results. The patch removes your CD key and the file it is installed in deliberatly so you have to re-type your CD key back in. I might own 3 original Cd's for this game but why stuff people around with the patch. All Activision has to say with the patch is --

You will need your original CD on hand to re-install the game!!

I have three totally different computers i have installed this on and all needed a reinstall of the game to work (plus twice on each install i had to type the CD key in).

Makes you wonder if the patch was designed to stop the pirate copies.

ok try to update your Cod game and type in the cd key again and see if it works
        otherwise i have to look deeper in to this one

good luck both of you now
        Nick

Comment

Originally posted by BananPure
          The problem comes in if windows is shut down improperly after an install. Let's say you install bfv, and then you play all day without restarting your computer. A few hours later someone pulls the plug on your comp or you have to reset your machine manually for whatever reason. When the computer boots up you have lost all of your installation settings for the prior bfv install thus deleting the data for your cd key and several other important installation information.

You can prevent this from happening if you install bfv and then perform a normal restart routine thru the start menu. That way if you do get shut off for whatever reason, your settings will remain intact. The bfv installation should request you to restart your computer, but it doesn't.
          Ok im presume that you have a Bought copy from a shop, not a 2nd hand or Hired copied version.

Now on the back of your CD case you will have a CD Key, open Regedit . Start/run/Regedit then open this Key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\ergc

Right click on the string input and press MODIFY.
          Then enter your CD key with no spaces and exit Regedit.
          Then Reboot your machine and try to load the game in MultiPlayer online.

If the CD Key is a valid one it WILL work.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------From EA Tech Support:

This indicates an error in the Windows registry. To resolve this, you will need to enter your CD key again using a Utility called Battlefield Vietnam_code.exe.

1. Double Click My Computer.
          2. Double Click the C drive.
          3. Double Click the Program Files folder.
          4. Double Click the Battlefield Vietnam folder.
          5. Double Click the eReg folder.
          6. Double Click the file called 'Battlefield Vietnam_code'.
          7. Enter your CD key into the boxes provided and click 'Next'.
          Disregard the error about the image not loading on the left hand side.

This should insert your CD key into your registry again and you should be able to join a Multiplayer game without this error.

hope this can be to some help

Ohh dont use a "no cd patch" it f%&$# up the game
          Cheers buddy, it worked!
          Woo Hoo

Now all i have to do is work out how to fly those darn planes

Well thanks again nick, and say hi to Tam for me :-)

Comment

ohh that is a easy one
            use a joystick and it will go smoth
            and Tam says hi back

Comment

On what multiplayer server do you guys play Battlefield Vietnam online ?

Comment

Originally posted by BananPure
                ohh that is a easy one
                use a joystick and it will go smoth
                and Tam says hi back
                Uhh Tam, is your telephone broken?
                [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

Working...
                X