Temp Way Over What It Should Be!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Way Over What It Should Be!!

i got sisoftware from a friend and my temp for my chip (an athlon xp 2100+) never goes below 150 Degrees and the motherboard never goes below 90 degrees i only have 1 fan a 220 watt PSU and the case is open for little more air also the board i an nforce 1 thats all i know.... is it the PSU losing wattage or the fan???
    "Obviously crime pays, or there'd be no crime."

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

If an Abercrombie decided breathing wasn't "cool"- half of the teenage population would be dead in 24 hours.

well first of all
    did you put your pc together yourself
    or did you buy it ready to run ?

and i dont think its 150 celcius
    (it would be dead at that temp)
    i think its Fahrenheit and that means that your temp is 65 celcius like my xp2000 that i have
    but you can check your cpu fan for dust and clean it it can get your temp down a little

then a few more fans are needed
    in the case to make the air cooler
    i think you can fit one in at the front and one at the back
    the one in the front sucks in air in to the case and the one in the back blows out hot air from the case
    but if you do that you have to put the side panel back on so it wont disturb your fans hard work to circulate the air

well i think that the 220 watt psu is not 220 watt but something else
    please check the small label on it and you will find maybe 300 w or something else
    But if it is a 220 then maybe its better to buy a new psu
    i have a 400w in my pc

ohh and the 90 F is 32 C
    Last edited by BananPure; 12-22-2004, 08:08 AM.
    Pure (Sweden) Biggest nOOb ever....Free Birth

Comment

Yeah i meant it was in Fahrenheit but i only have 1 80mm fan on the CPU and its a POS but im going to get a new better one with a bigger heatsink but im also gonna get a rear fan because i have no front slot because its a crappy compaq next time a building one of my own.

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

If an Abercrombie decided breathing wasn't "cool"- half of the teenage population would be dead in 24 hours.

Comment

well buy a new fan for the heatsink
        Vantec Tornado 80mm is a good one but its loud one
        here you can read about it

http://www.ocwarehouse.com/reviews/tornado.htm
        Pure (Sweden) Biggest nOOb ever....Free Birth

Comment

Looks great ill probably get it even if it is that loud im tired of my comps temp getting so high it automatically shuts down (mostly during games)

Comment

i was just looking at the post for pc shutdown and thats exactly what mines doing now!! but it only happens when playing during games i never really read what was wrong just got mad and unplugged it for about 10 mins but it always happens but usually randomly (between 25-2hrs time) could this also be a temp related problem?

Comment

Working...
            X