Router Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Question?

I recently got another computer for my house & was thinking about getting a Router.

Here’s my question, can I have one cable modem with a router run both of my computers at the same time on the same Game Server?
    Or am I going to have to get another cable line?

I thought I heard that if you had a cable modem with a router, that you could have different IP addersses with a single modem...

Well Nick and I have dsl, but the same router modem runs both of our pcs and we play on the same game servers. Im not sure if cable makes a difference or not.
    Viva La Ritz!

Comment

I think it dosent, but well here in Mx, cable has like this static IP, so if u connect the internet to the router it dosent work, well it does, but his guys want to charge for the 2 PC's....

Not sure, but u can connect the internet to a PC and with another NICcard u share the internet.....
      Learn on other people mistakes.....
      You can never make them all!!!!

Comment

well you have to check with your isp how many computers you can have on the one you have
        i had cable in sweden and i had one with
        4 ip adresses so i could have more than one
        but there was also ppl with only 1 ip
        and they couldnt do shit
        so call them and ask
        and they will probably help you to set it up if it works
        and happy new year to you
        Pure (Sweden) Biggest nOOb ever....Free Birth

Comment

Thanks for the info...
          I have to do some calling around to find out exactly what I need. & Thanks again...

Comment

networking

no u don't need a router, I use a D-Link switch connecting two computers and use only one modem, no router, one os is W98 and the other XP Home, each computer gets its own ip, I don't have a static ip, the D-link switch allows me to connect 3 computers but you can get bigger switches, each computer needs a Network card, on the FGC Portal there is a help desk where u can get your network questions answered by an expert.

click on the banner below
            Last edited by [BiA] DJ; 01-05-2005, 03:25 AM.
            Fun Gamers Club - Where fantasy meets reality

Comment

Working...
            X