My laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My laptop

Ok first of want to say HEY HEY to all my for [BiA] brothers and Sisters.
    all of AOD and CoI
    now down to the nitty gritty.
    I bought a laptop the past weekend and since it can run circles around my desktop i wanna use it to play rtcw.
    it has a 64 meg ati radeon mobility x300 card 512 ram 3.3gig p4. to me sounds like it should rocket thru even the most graphic map or at least Depot.
    Ok so here is the problem it loads the map fine but when it gets to the startup limbo screen(the one that says what the objectives are and the animation with the flags and all)i hear one explosion from the game sounds then it locks up and i have to hard boot it to get it back to desktop.
    anyone got any suggestions??

any and all help greatly appreciated

Thanks and Greets
    Bob the Nailer(Rich)

ATI Raedon Catalyst Drivers

Rich

Try these, it sorted mine and Eaglefire's problem http://www.clanofidiots.com/forums/s...&threadid=4217 and hopefully will sort your problem, only thing is make sure you uninstall the ATI Control Panel first, (if you installed that part).

REMINDERS:
    A- If you have the normal ATI drivers installed, uninstall the ATI Control Panel or CCC BEFORE upgrading to these drivers, the Omega Drivers already have the CP integrated and another CP will cause conflicts or other problems.

B- There is no need to uninstall ANY previous drivers (ATI or OMEGA) when installing these, the new ones will overwrite any previous settings, but if you still want to uninstall them completely, is ok.

C- In Windows 2k/XP, ALWAYS disable DDC in the ATI "Displays/Monitor" CP after installing drivers to be able to use ALL the refresh rates and resolutions your monitor supports, also this is the best way to avoid the 60Hz RR bug.

E- The Radeon cards do support FastWrites and they will work with it on (on some machines), but it is not recommended, there is NO SPEED gain when using FW, and this option will affect your PC's stability a LOT, most game crashes and problems are because FW is enabled. The only time I recommend using FW on is with Radeon 9600 cards that doesn't work properly with FW off or for Athlon64 system with any Radeon AGP card.

F- Install the included Multires utility to have access to ALL the available resolutions in the Omega Drivers, standard Windows doesn't show all of them.

G- After installing the new drivers and rebooting, if your desktop is SLOW and games won't run, is because AGP acceleration has been disabled by Windows, in order to fix this you MUST re-install the latest AGP chipset drivers for your Mother Board (this also includes laptops). After rebooting check the Advanced SmartGart Options in the Omega Start Menu and see if at least AGP/PCI read are both ENABLED, if all of them are enabled, the better, but some MBs doesn't support AGP/PCI write functions, if all still disabled, just click on "Retest All" and press OK to restart
    There is a fine line between Insanity and Genius !
    I have erased that line.

Comment

thanks Recon that worked great.
      I have never had this good of an FPS and ping EVER not even on old HP2

Comment

No prob mate glad it worked

There is a fine line between Insanity and Genius !
        I have erased that line.

Comment

Working...
        X