Acer Liquid A1 is Quick on Google's Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acer Liquid A1 is Quick on Google's Platform

While the mobile world drools over Droid, there's another smartphone that has a shot of stealing a few headlines. We're talking about Acer's upcoming Liquid A1, which is expected to ship in Europe within the next few weeks.

The Liquid A1 is the first Android-based smartphone to be built around Qualcomm's Snapdragon chipset. And even though the CPU has been downclocked to 768MHz, that's a lot more pep than most Android phones are boasting.

Oddly, Acer has decided not to step up to Android 2.0 (Eclair), and the Liquid A1 will instead run on Android 1.6 (Donut). That puts it a generation behind the Droid and other upcoming Android 2.0 smartphones, although this could change by the time the A1 ships. We also wouldn't rule out a software update after the fact, although Acer has spent some time tweaking "a new user interface with easy access to entertainment and web bookmarks."

No word yet on price or when this one's expected to land in the U.S.

Image Credit: Acer

More...
    ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
    PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
    webmaster@clanofidiots.com

I do prefer Acer company regarding their quality. I was planning to gift something new to my dad on his birthday. Now I think I have decided what to buy. I am using Android system mobile phone and totally satisfied with it. The look of the mobile phone is really attractive.

Comment

Working...
    X