• error in rtcw

hi guys and girls,
    i got a problem when i play rtcw.
    the game stops and says: invallid instruction in module
    cgame_mp_x86.dll.
    what can i do about it......
    pls heeeeeeeeeelp.
    kill `m all!!

Hmm, try a full re-install... Thatīs the only thing I can guess...
    Life is just another way to die!

Comment

Re: error in rtcw

Originally posted by [BIA] Jer
      hi guys and girls,
      i got a problem when i play rtcw.
      the game stops and says: invallid instruction in module
      cgame_mp_x86.dll.
      what can i do about it......
      pls heeeeeeeeeelp.
      Maybe it's your Directx?? Test it annyway. Most of the time DLL is Directx i gues.
      Ask C@rphunter to.
      Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
      Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
      Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

Nice guess Cor, but i don't think so...

All Quake III engine driven games like RtcW, use Opengl for the graphics within the game, not Direct X like most games these days..

But updating the graphics-card drivers (which include both Direct X and Opengl support) can do wonders, although i have to admit that in this case i don't expect a "wonder".

Hans
        |ToaK|-Website Dulce bellum inexpertis.
        (War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)

Comment

Originally posted by [BiA] John Doe
          Nice guess Cor, but i don't think so...

All Quake III engine driven games like RtcW, use Opengl for the graphics within the game, not Direct X like most games these days..

But updating the graphics-card drivers (which include both Direct X and Opengl support) can do wonders, although i have to admit that in this case i don't expect a "wonder".

Hans
          Thats why you are the master and not somebody else.
          Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
          Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
          Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

Try to reinstall your OS " win 98 /XP" what ever you are using...

Comment

tnx guys i will try it
              kill `m all!!

Comment

The file you are having a problem with appears to be a RTCW file. I found it on my Hard drive and it was in the Prog files\RTCW directories. five different subdirectories;Main, Shrub, Shrub_mod, Mod_WAB_expert1 and Mod_WAB_expert2. Try to reinstall the RTCW files or run the system restore feature in XP. If your don't have Windows XP and the reinstall doesn't work the try running a program called regclean.exe. I do not knwo where you are located so I would do a general search in a search engine for it. Your overall system performance could be restored also. Note: do not run regclean if you are using office 2000 or office XP. any versions of those office programs will become unstable if you run this program.

Maybe someone with the same version of the software could e-mail you their .dll file. This may not work but is worth a try, it ain't working now.

Hope that this helps.
                I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

I don't know if this is what you speak of Sunny, but this will work real good too. http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/regcleaner.shtml

Comment

Yes that is a different program but beware it has gotten bad reviews from half of the people that use it. It is not the same program that I am talking about. The program I am referring to can be found at www.zdnet.com. look in the downloads section.
                    I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

hmm..always works great for me and all my friends.we been using it forever.

Comment

Hey Guys

This programme rocks!
                        Cheers Scott m8, used this to help with my wee problem i had posted at the start of the week.... (CD Burner not workin)

Guys this is a good programme, don't just take scott and my words for it read this, ok there may be a couple of bad reviews, but if you want to clean your registry BE CAREFULL and back it up before deleting stuff, oh yes and this progamme does that to, so u don't really have an excuse

Take care people & Keep it Real!

Comment

Originally posted by [BiA] Doc Rocket
                          Hey Guys

This programme rocks!
                          Cheers Scott m8, used this to help with my wee problem i had posted at the start of the week.... (CD Burner not workin)

Guys this is a good programme, don't just take scott and my words for it read this, ok there may be a couple of bad reviews, but if you want to clean your registry BE CAREFULL and back it up before deleting stuff, oh yes and this progamme does that to, so u don't really have an excuse

Take care people & Keep it Real!

Comment

Working...
                          X