For Net-Work Hub Problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Net-Work Hub Problems...

...Since you are currently using "LinkSys".

Let me ask you, What OS are you using? (i.e. Win98SE, WinXp...etc) :

***Read Each Step Patiently***

If you are using Win98 (SE), Win2000, Win-Me, or WinXP...does not include Linux.

These are some of the steps:

~ In "Network Configuration"
    __________________________________________________ ______

o-Click the "Identification" Icon.

o-Type the Name of your computer in the "Computer Name" field. Choose a name that is unique from the other computer names on the network.

o- Type the name of your workgroup in the "Workgroup" field. The Workgroup name should be the same Workgroup name in use by all of the other PCs on the network.

o- The "Computer Description" field can be used for entering a description of your computer.

o- From the Access Control tab, you can set the level of access those on the network will have to this computer(the computer your using right now).

o- Your system maybe asked for your OS Cd (only if you are using Win98), then Click the OK button.

o-Then restart your system at once. (After you have finish all the steps above.)

...o- A Logon window will appear, requiring you to enter a User name and Password (if you haven't already) and click the OK button. Do not click Cancel button or press Escape [ESC] key as this will prevent you from logging into the network. If the logon does not appear or if it does not allow you to log on, refer to the OS trouble shooting section.

...o- Once you are at the Windows desktop, double-click on the Network Neighborhood icon. You should see one icon for the entire network and the names of the other PCs on the network.

...o- If you cansee your computer along with all the other computers on the network in Network Neighborhood, then the Window Configuration is complete. Now you can share/Print files in any comps, And of-course you can play : Return to Castle Wolfenstein...The best online game of the year...lolz

I hope this way works, because this is my only last and final solution for this problem error...

Take time and patience to READ...
    don't be hastly and Read and also follow each direction.

...>>>>>Thanks for Your Time<<<<<<....
    Steven..aka...[BiA] DragOn
    Last edited by DragOn; 01-18-2003, 11:51 PM.
    ...|AoD| DragOn...

Tnks DragOn for all your help,however still nothing worked for me.I was using WINDOWS 98 then went to 98 se for now, due to my new upgrades.May be i should go to XP? ..My network seems to be ok..I do see all cpu`s in the network..Ive done all that you listed above before.so many times im going nuts....Its just RTCW that this is happening to...Do you think maybe one of the patchs could of fix this? Hopefully i dont have this problem when the new one comes out....

Comment

I`m starting to LOOK like my avatar...

Comment

Well i think i fixes it.Ive been tyring sinch i got RTCW, and it took my dad 2 days to find a fix for me.Well hear it is...I had to edit my shortcuts.I had to target the exe, in the shortcut. I added +set net_port 27661 to my shortcut after the EXE." you must use a space then the plus just like above, I did them all, my second cpu look like this ..... +set net_port 27662.
        My third is... +set net_port 27663,
        and so on... +set net_port 27664...It seem to work ok,TNKS for all your help guys.Special TNKS to DragOn............KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT

Comment

...You Welcome!...

Even though I wasn't able to help you much, but your a brother in this clan. if i can help, i'll help you till the end, unless I have no idea what to do.

Have a Great DAy...!

Best Regards,
          Steven...

....good luck, if you have any questions about your comp, maybe i can help...hit me back just o chat...lol
          ...|AoD| DragOn...

Comment

Working...
          X