Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.A.T. 7 User review

Madcatz has done it again.

This time they brought out the big guns; with swappable palm rests and pinky rests, 5 6-gram weights and an adjustable thumb rest. With that kind of customization, it can fit any size hand unless your hand size is that of either a giants or a child.

To help gamers get the edge on their opponents, the R.A.T. 7 has twin lasers that track separately from each other: one to track the X-axis, and the other tracks the Y-axis. You can adjust the DPI of the lasers from 25 DPI all the way up to 5600 DPI, and from what I've read it can track up to 6m a second, so it's extremely accurate.

Another awesome feature of the R.A.T 7 is the "Sniper Button", that's near the forward and back button where your thumb sits. When you press it down, it lowers your DPI to a user-set setting. Like with me, I have my DPI at 1200 and the Sniper Button at 35%. What that means is that when I press the button, it'll track at 35% of my current DPI setting (which means that it tracks at 420 DPI instead). So it's REALLY useful to stop, take a beautiful headshot from long range, then continue on.

One last feature of the R.A.T. 7 is that it has a scroll wheel right above the sniper button and back and forward button. Unlike most scroll wheels, this one only scrolls left and right. To date I haven't found a use for it yet, but with the Saitek profiler, you can make that (and any button) be whatever ketstroke or macro you want it to be.

All in all, both from what I've read and what I've used of this mouse, it is the best gaming mouse out there, with near endless customization to fit anyone's play style.

I give it 5 notch's out of 5. (But since I'm limited to 3 images, it has to be 3/5 Notch's for now T-T )

Anyone else using this rat of a mouse, and if so, what do you think? Doesn't matter of you have the R.A.T. 3, 5, 7, or 9. Personally, this mouse has improved my game so much, that I'm getting kills on the Project Reality mod (for BF2) from long range (300+ meters!!!!) with a weapon that has iron sights a lot better than my old mouse. With my old one, I was lucky to get a kill at even 150 meters!

And here's some external links about the R.A.T. 7:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/rev...g_mouse_ever_0

http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm
    Holy bajeebuz batman, I'm ordering mine right away!!!
    0%
    Looks gimicky, but sounds cool.
    0%
    Nah, my mouse is just fine. Not interested in another mouse.
    0%
    I think I just puked a little, get this unholy abomination away from me!!!
    0%
Working...
X