Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maingear: Haters Be Hatin' Our 17-inch Desktop Replacement (and You'll Love It)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maingear: Haters Be Hatin' Our 17-inch Desktop Replacement (and You'll Love It)

Maingear claims its new Titan 17 notebook will make "haters cry hax" while "you cry 'Boom, headshot!'" That's a bit of a stretch -- not that haters will hate (don't they always?), but that Maingear calls this 17-inch beast a notebook. Armed with an Intel Core i7 990X Extreme Edition processor and Nvidia GeForce GTX 485M graphics configurable in SLI, the Titan 17 is more of a desktop replacement than a frequent travel companion.

"The Maingear Titan 17 offers it all; the best of a desktop in a mobile form factor," said Wallace Santos, CEO and co-founder of Maingear. "With the power of the latest Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition desktop processor, dual GPUs, and high performance wireless, this system lives up to its name to give our customers the best PC experience they have come to expect from Maingear."

Those who want to go all-out configuring a monster of a sytem can do so. In addition to the above mentioned processor and graphics combo, the Titan 17 notebook offers:
    • 1920x1080 LED backlit display
    • Up to 12GB of dual-channel DDR3-1333
    • Up to 2X Blu-ray reader
    • Up to three 485GB SSDs or 750GB HDDs
    • Bigfoot Networks Killer Wireless-N 1102
    • 3-in-1 media card reader
    • HDMI, DVI-I, two USB 3.0, three USB 3.0, FireWire, S/PDIF, LAN, eSATA
    • Windows 7 Home Professional or Ultimate 64-bit
    • 8-cell battery
    Maingear also maintains a strict "zero bloatware policy," so you can get in and start gaming rather than spend the first 30 minutes cleaning out the cruft.

Pricing starts at $2,800, though a fully decked out configuration runs more than a Kia.

More...
    ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
    PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
    webmaster@clanofidiots.com
Working...
X