I need backup!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need backup!!

What can I say....was playing wolfen. when my sound just stopped workin, I did the usual /s_stop but it didnŽt work. Then when I was trying to listen to music or even the original datasound it didnt work!! It looks like my pc R broken If I cant fix it I wont be able to play wolfen for a really long time, we R talkin about 3-4 months, cant afford a new soundcard.

"We happy few, we band of brothers - for he today that sheds his blood with me - shall be my brother"
    - William Shakespear, King Henry V

OK, Can you see it in Hardware Manager? Do this if it is an ISA or PCI card. Before doing these steps make sure that you have the necessary driver files and system disks needed to install the hardware. If you do have them then uninstall it from the computer in device manager or Add/Remove hardware and shut off the computer. Reboot the computer so that the card is uninstalled, check device manager. Reboot the system again in to SAFE MODE. Go back to the hardware manager and uninstall all of the media/sound hardware that you see. It could be that you have conflicting files, this is possible in NT O/S's also. After removing all of the media/sound files do another restart and then again make sure nothing is in the device manager for multimedia/sound. Shut off the computer and put the card in a different slot to reinstall it. If this doesn't work let me know.

Where do you live?
    Last edited by SunnyBoy; 02-04-2003, 10:22 PM.
    I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

Umea, Sweden.

"We happy few, we band of brothers - for he today that sheds his blood with me - shall be my brother"

Comment

Originally posted by [BiA] Eaglefire
        Umea, Sweden.
        Eagle,

Was it on Gamesdomain.co.uk Marketgarden? It happends more on that server or is it everywhere?
        Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
        Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
        Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

Yes, it was there the sound crashed.

Comment

Thx Sunnyboy now it works again, I was runnin around in my home lookin for that disc. And finally I found it 3 inches from the pc. When U R in trouble at the battlefield iŽll back U up or if im on the other team I will let u shoot first.

Comment

I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

It's good to have brothers and sister ho are willing to help you enytime enyware lol

The old wolf

Comment

Originally posted by [BiA] COR
                  It's good to have brothers and sister ho are willing to help you enytime enyware lol
                  Go search for your dictionary again Cor
                  [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

Originally posted by [BiA]MasterMind(NL)
                    Go search for your dictionary again Cor

My wife again grrrr..... i am going to k....llll her, however maybe not a good idear see makes nice Bacardi's for me

The old wolf

Comment

Working...
                    X