need help on watch movie..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on watch movie..

I have a movie and its format in " .dat " , but I cant use Window Media Player or RealPlayer to play it......

I dunno how to do then

Pls help....
    Good to see you!

You can try to rename its extension to one the windows media or real player recognizes... or you can right click the file and choose play with... then you choose wmplayer... that worked for me

Comment

Usually .dat files are incomplete files. Kazaa incompleted files are in .dat format.

If you downloaded it from Kazaa, try starting it up with that file in "My Shared Files" folder and see if it tries searching for download locations.

Comment

Hmm not sure bout this one, think it could be incomplete as Krin of.. said.

But if your watchin a lot of downloaded stuff on Windows Media, you should download 'AngelPotion' from Kazza, it's a plug-in that lets you watch every type of movie file...

eg
        DivX
        MPEG-4 V1, V2 and V3 formats (asf and avi files)
        SmR (nAVI) format (avi files)

Not sure if this will help you as im not sure with a .DAT file

Comment

i remember if if you view the incomplete moive file in the kazaa theater thing it would leave it as a dat
          so i usually close kazaa and repoen it so the dat file could be name correctly
          you may want to d/l the kazaa codec pack 1.6 thats out

Comment

Working...
          X