• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy Territory Test on the Way!

http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/

seems like it be a free stand alone version

Thanks WingZero I can't hardly wait to test him. hehe
    Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
    Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

Players will NOT need Return to Castle Wolfenstein to play Enemy Territory (or the ET test we're releasing soon). ET is a free stand-alone game, so anyone who wants to play will be able to download it.
      WTF?!?! I am all for a free DL but only if you already own RTCW!

There has to be a reason they would make it free. I wonder if they are going to release a RTCW2 and are looking for some good press or something.
      • And now it is my intention to go play video games for several hours.
        -Strong bad

Comment

wierd huh its gonna be stand alone :\ all well its free so

Comment

After more thought, and after reading this:

Even Balance, Inc. has been contracted by id Software, Inc. to integrate PunkBuster™ into Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory™; a free downloadable multiplayer action game based on the award-winning Wolfenstein multiplayer universe. Developed by Splash Damage and produced by Activision, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory takes the intense action and strategy of squad-based gameplay to the next level with the construction of battlefield installations, covert class characters and skill-based character development through the course of battle. Even Balance will also be handling CDKEY registration and authentication as part of a new integrated CDKEY / GuidAuth server system Even Balance is developing especially for Enemy Territory. Additional PB-based tools and features are planned for Server Admins and Players to further enhance the experience of playing Enemy Territory on PunkBuster Enabled servers.
          Free is cool with me. No punks, no problem.

I guess they are going to do like they did with America's Army where you have to register by email to get an account or GUID in the case of ET.

(much drooling in anticipation from me)

I think they are looking at the advertising money vs. the money that they would get from direct sales.
          • And now it is my intention to go play video games for several hours.
            -Strong bad

Comment

Working...
          X