to gib or not too gib that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to gib or not too gib that is the question

Hi guys, i was just wondering when your on the battlefield and you have just been killed by a good enemy player or another [BiA] on the opposite team is it a sign of respect to let them gib you?

likewise if you get killed by a lousy shot or if youve already had your health stripped in battle then some smartarse kills you with one shot and gives a yeehaw is it correct to tap out immediatly (if there are no medics around or they are gonna gib you anyway)

anyway its not important it just had me wondering if i was the only one with wolf etiquet.

so if you kill me and i dont tap out its coz im offering you my empty remains and a show of respect.

now ive said that i bet you guys will leave me lying there for ages
    For i have become the destroyer of worlds

Hi,

Never thought of it that way, StrontiumDog.
    But i like it. It's a way of showing respect. That's always a good thing.

I'll join you in that way..

Th@ K!D

P.S. What if i'm out of Nade's? You wait till i found one??
    If you ain't seeing B!lly Th@ K!D, it ain't means i'm not there...

Could be -]F&F[- F@st who's B!lly at his best...

Comment

I usually let the enemy gib me, but that cause they waste bullets or nades on me instead of my teammates.

"We happy few, we band of brothers - for he today that sheds his blood with me - shall be my brother"
      - William Shakespear, King Henry V

Comment

I`m the same as you Eaglefire let them waste their bullets on my dead corpse.....

Comment

It depends, are you an OTLT server? Do you want your opponent to get the point he would get from gibing you? Do you want to loose the points you will loose when you tap out? A Gib is worth what 1 point? Tapping out is a -2 to your score. Someone correct me if I am wrong here. Do you like the person that is coming to gib you? Did you drop a grenade that may take that person out? Is the respawn almost up and you can get back in right away? Can you get more info on enemy positions if you lay there until the respawn time is close to being up? An often perplexing issues to tap or not to tap, that is the question.
          I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

your right sunnyboy!

i didnt know it was -2 points for tapping out
            i must of lost hundreds in that case oops

but if you kill me sunnyboy ill let you have the extra point cus you will of worked for it!
            For i have become the destroyer of worlds

Comment

Never let the enemy gib ya, It's a sign of weakness... LoL
              But your right
              [BiA] Eaglefire & [BiA] SlyFi
              let them waste there bullets or nades

Comment

No really tap out if you are in a dangerous position, I get really pissed if I come running up to revive you and there are 5 enemys there ready to shoot the living crap out of you.

Other than that if they are busy knifing the last ounce of life out of you they are at risk of a severe beating from your team mates.

Look around, figure out the risk and tap out if required

Take care
                lol

Comment

I im a MEDIC.....I will allways run to save you guys...I will run into the Blazing Hot Hell to save you....Allways....,but you have to stay their..I will bring "life" back into you... P.S. lol nice avatar Kitten...

Comment

I hate being GIBBED if i can help it i wont let the enemy do it, but one thing i do is if there are lots of enemys there i will report how many are here and let everyone else know; that way some one who is prepared to kill them can do so.
                    0l\lLy L4m3r5 5p34l< L33t

Comment

I always wait to be gibbed...

Usually i play in a small team and there is a medic in there somewhere.

Or as some of you already said... Let them waste their bullets on me :-P

The only time i would tap out is if i know there are no medic's around, there is nothing worse than playing a medic, and going to help someone thats been killed... Only for him to tap out

Comment

i always play in teams..
                        im a luet.
                        make sure you have a good medic with you always!
                        then you dont need to tap out!
                        just my thinking of wolf!
                        ILL BE BACK!!!!!!

Comment

I never give my gib...

But I am a little confused in that subject know that I haver read all of you guys's thoughts....

Lol Keep on Killin...
                          The PenetratoR

Comment

What it all comes down to is whether or not you prefer to happen. You could have the enemy gib you and waste bullets, but if you allow that to happen, then they will receive points. But, if you tap out, "especially in shrubmod", the enemy will get your weapon or health, depending on class. Its a bit of a sticky wicket. The only real solution is to not die.

Comment

Originally posted by [HP]Donkey
                              What it all comes down to is whether or not you prefer to happen. You could have the enemy gib you and waste bullets, but if you allow that to happen, then they will receive points. But, if you tap out, "especially in shrubmod", the enemy will get your weapon or health, depending on class. Its a bit of a sticky wicket. The only real solution is to not die.

LOL, very true...
                              Learn on other people mistakes.....
                              You can never make them all!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X