Mods to TANK to make it work in ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods to TANK to make it work in ET

|AoD| Sin brought us the happy news today that they are thinking of remaking TANK!!!!!

What this thread is for, is so that we can come up with some ideas of how to make Tank good for ET. Let's not mess with the basics of Tank but focus on what modifications would be good to implement to make a good map for ET.

Then we can send a list of the new modification to the designer on Friday.

Put down good ideas on how TANK could be better suited to this classes. How many times the bridge can be rebuilt that kind of thing. Think about how the ideas can be used in the map. Don't be afraid to "help" someone out if you think their idea has a flaw. Let this be a brainstorming session. I know most of the members here have spent a month of work time on Tank, 160+ hrs. Prob more for most of us.

Let the Ideas Fly.
    Last edited by SunnyBoy; 07-22-2003, 11:40 PM.
    I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Hmmmm.Why build the same map...Tank is a good map dont get me wrong.....I think its time for a all new Tank....

Comment

1- for starters it should have two small bridge that u can destroy and rebuild by oppisite sides.
      2- in the river we should have a small sewer area that u can destroy like a short cut that u will pop up by the tank make it like a maze..
      3- make the large front door by the bridge rebuildable by a engineer.
      4- on the axis side extend where you spawn at all the way to above the maine door plus make the elevator work so a covert ops can operate it all way down to the tank.... very kool
      phantom2116

REMEMBER LOCK AND LOAD, PLAY HARD TO THE CORE......

Comment

i forgot on what about taking the tank back across to the other side insted. i think that would be very hard to do because axis a spawning obove the main enterance
        phantom2116

Comment

but what about when the tank is stolen the spawn point switches like it does on gold rush
          0l\lLy L4m3r5 5p34l< L33t

Comment

hm some good ideas here.
            where will the tank go once stolen? all the way back to the allies docs building? hm seems like that would make it too hard on the allies. have to bust up in a garage where axis are spawning on top of, repair a tank and get it out of the garage up an elevator through some doors that must be blown open, over a bridge that must be constructed and kept up and down a road that axis can also spawn onto if theyre in control of that area. gonna be a long game. spawn points are definately something to think about. i wonder how much skill it would take to make that elevator? they may just have to extend the garage out further from the top garage door and make a ramp instead of an elevator. the ramp could be closed off at the garage by a wall, which could then be blown up by the allies once they repair the tank and they can drive it up the ramp to the garage door that hopefully a covert or eng will have already destroyed. eh.. who knows. i dont know enough about mapping to know whats actually feasible.

hm just thought about it, i was saying this wouldnt be fair to the allies, but, with the exception of changing some spawn points, i dont think the objective for the allies would be too bad because it would just be a single objective map then. you wouldnt have half your team on defense.. just like on the two tank oriented ET maps. sorry wasnt thinking straight.
            tank actually seems like somewhat of a small map in comparison to some of the ET maps. not saying it wont be fun though!
            Last edited by [BiA] Knives Left; 07-24-2003, 05:28 PM.

my avatar must go here since it says that it isnt an image when i attempt to use it as an avatar.

Comment

Knives... I understand what you said about unfair to the allies is true think about keeping the game alive and challenging with multi objective for the axis it will be defensive about 80% the other 10% to try to get the papers...now to get steal the tank they create a elevator the already have the shaft just make it big enough for the tank to fit... he is the kicker YOU MUST HAVE A COVERT OPS WITH YOU TO OPEN THE DOOR WHEN YOU STEAL THE TANK.....I THINK THAT WOULD BE SOOOOO COOL!

spawning location expand the secound level all the way to main enterance then build another elevator door at that location so when the axis re-spawn they can get it thier..
              phantom2116

Comment

How about just making the Elevator a ramp? Make it go up in levels and that would cause a huge firefight! Say two turns for the tank to make. After the doors are blown?
                I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

that a very good idea but instead the door blown the only way to get into the elevator is by a covert ops... i think that would make the game even harder....I strongly think the hard the task the more interesting the map becomes.....
                  phantom2116

Comment

i agree phantom but its also got to be harder on axis any sugggestions on that?
                    www.freewebs.com/maw-clan
                    Maw are you home?

Comment

you could make it to where the door must be blown from the inside. covert ops would have to ride up the elevator and blow the door open with a det pack.

my avatar must go here since it says that it isnt an image when i attempt to use it as an avatar.

Comment

on the axis side the key factor is control the lift, They are already re-spawning right by it....I just thought of something what about making a control pannel in the basement level by the tank that covert ops must destroy soo the allies can use the lift at the same time make it fixible so an engineer on the axis side can repair it....just like fuel tank map with the fences
                        phantom2116

Comment

Working...
                        X