server listing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server listing problem

if i dont get a response to this, then oh well. this is a problem im having with my shitty AMD duron Geforce2 workstation at work and i shall be putting in my two weeks notice next week so i wont really have much chance to play wolf. Anyways my problem is, when i go to list servers, i only get like maybe 10 servers listed.. if im really lucky i might get 20. This problem affects both ET and RTCW. So i thought maybe it was something with the game so i downloaded pathfinder. Same problem with it. If i set it on any of the ISDNs or DSLs i only get 5-10 servers listed, and theyre usually the same ones over and over whenever i refresh.. occasionally a new one will be thrown into the mix. When i set it to modem, i might get 20 servers, but it takes it forever. So it would seem like ive got some sort of latency problem to where its not getting a response from any servers. Well if this were so, you would think i would have problems with the internet in general. Well thats not the case. Ive done several packet loss, latency, bandwidth tests and its all come out perfect. No packet loss, low latency, and a connection of around 1200down / 130up. Any help would be appreciated, but like i said.. i wont be here long so it doesnt really matter.
    oh and info about my setup:
    SWbell DSL
    networked using a single port Dlink broadband router with built in firewall, and then into an 8 port switch. I have a similar setup at home, but i went with linksys. had no problems out of it. i thought it could be the routers firewall blocking out the traffic, but to me it would seem like if it were to block it out it would be because of the port that its on, but that port is open because i can at least get some servers, and if i manually put in the IP of the server i want then it connects fine.
    clueless here...
    Last edited by [BiA] Knives Left; 07-26-2003, 06:52 PM.

my avatar must go here since it says that it isnt an image when i attempt to use it as an avatar.
Working...
X