Fan Breakup Makes This Spider-Man Easter Egg The Saddest Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Breakup Makes This Spider-Man Easter Egg The Saddest Ever

While you've been swinging through the buildings of New York City in Insomniac's Spider-Man, what was supposed to be a love story for the ages has turned into one of the saddest easter eggs of all time.
    Tyler Schultz reached out to Insomniac back in May, wanting to propose to his then-girlfriend in a "big way." Marvel's Bill Rosemann and Insomniac both replied to Schultz and made the proposal idea a reality. Right now, there's a marquis sign that reads "Maddie, will you marry me?" hiding in the corners of the city.
    Sure you can wait until Sept 7th?!
    — Insomniac Games (@insomniacgames) May 11, 2018
    We’ve just past our five years in April so I think she’ll still be around in September lol.
    — Tyler (@topnotch1210) May 11, 2018
    Unfortunately, according to Schultz, Madison did not wait. In a vlog, Schultz details how to find the easter egg and claims his girlfriend left him just weeks before he could pop the question.
    "I'm actually kind of happy it's in this game," Schultz says in the vlog. "A lot of people, when I told them how I was going to propose to her, I don't think they understood that there was a literal piece of this game that anybody can go to."
    Jacina Chew, Insomniac's art director for Spider-Man, offered Schultz her condolences in a reply to the sad tale. She's offered to change the sign in a future update.
    Insomniac and Marvel's Spider-Man is filled to the brim with other Easter eggs too, so make sure to check out our favorites. For even more (hopefully less sad) Spidey news, head on over to our Spider-Man hub.

More...
Working...
X