Maroon 5 Is The Next Super Bowl Halftime Act, Apparently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maroon 5 Is The Next Super Bowl Halftime Act, Apparently

Maroon 5 will be the Super Bowl halftime entertainment act for this season's big game, according to a new report from Variety. No official announcement has come down as of yet, and the NFL said in a statement that rumour and speculation is par for the course.
    "It's a Super Bowl tradition to speculate about the performers for the Pepsi Halftime Show," reads a line from the NFL's statement. "We are continuing to work with [longtime sponsor] Pepsi on our plans but do not have any announcements to make on what will be another epic show."
    Maroon 5 is the kind of safe, crowd-pleasing pick that you might expect. Their latest hit, "Girls Like You" featuring Cardi B, is one of the most popular songs on planet Earth right now, while the band's older cuts like "This Love" And "She Will Be Loved" are recognisable and palatable to the wide audience that the Super Bowl attracts.
    Super Bowl LIII takes place on February 3 in Atlanta, Georgia. Maroon 5's touring schedule is free for multiple weeks on both sides, so it appears availability is not an issue.
    Rapper Jay-Z reportedly turned down the opportunity to perform at Super Bowl LIII. Jay-Z pretty much confirmed this in his verse of the song "Apeshit," where he sings, "I said no to the Super Bowl: you need me, I don't need you."
    Some of the biggest names in music and entertainment have performed at Super Bowl halftime shows over the years, including Katy Perry, Beyonce, Aerosmith, Tom Petty, and Bruce Springsteen just to name a few.

More...
Working...
X