Deadpool Director Making New Mature Animated Series For Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadpool Director Making New Mature Animated Series For Netflix

Over the past year Netflix has been increasing its focus on animated content, and there are some high-profile projects set to hit the service. Directors Tim Miller (Deadpool, the upcoming Terminator sequel) and David Fincher (The Social Network, Seven) are the latest names to work a new animated series for the company.
    According to The Hollywood Reporter, Miller and FIncher will executively produce a series titled Love, Death & Robots for Netflix. It's an 18-part anthology show aimed at an mature audience that will span several genres, such as sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and comedy. The animation styles will vary too, from traditional 2D to more modern CG styles, and each episode will run from 5 to 15 minutes. While it does not yet have a premiere date, Netflix has released some images from the show. Check them out below:
    In a statement, Miller said: "Love, Death & Robots is my dream project. It combines my love of animation and amazing stories. Midnight movies, comics, books, and magazines of fantastic fiction have inspired me for decades, but they were relegated to the fringe culture of geeks and nerds of which I was a part. I'm so f***ing excited that the creative landscape has finally changed enough for adult-themed animation to become part of a larger cultural conversation."
    As the producer of House of Cards, Fincher has been involved with Netflix since the company started producing original content in 2012, and more recently made the acclaimed Mindhunter for the service. Miller has previously worked with Fincher, and created the spectacular animated title sequence for his 2011 movie The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
    In October, it was announced that Guillermo del Toro is working on a new animated movie version of Pinocchio for Netflix, and there are also a further six major animated projects in the works. The company continues to push into this area ahead of the launch of Disney's streaming service Disney+ next year. Netflix also reportedly plans to launch its own animation studio, which will enable it to make projects in-house without having to outsource much of the technical work to existing animation companies.

More...
Working...
X