Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch Captain Marvel Star Brie Larson Push A 5,000-Pound Car To Train For The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Captain Marvel Star Brie Larson Push A 5,000-Pound Car To Train For The Movie

Brie Larson put in some serious training to prepare for her new superhero movie Captain Marvel. Larson tweeted a video today of what she called a "training highlight" that was pushing a 5,000-pound Jeep that had a full tank of gas. She pushed it for a full minute, and don't worry, someone was behind the wheel to make sure things didn't go wrong.
    You can watch the video below, which chronicles the final twenty seconds of the mighty push.
    A training highlight - pushing Jason Walsh’s almost 5000lbs Jeep(with a full tank of gas and Alyssa behind the wheel for safety!)for 60 seconds. In Captain Marvel @nike Metcons! It’s a strong vibe but I like it. pic.twitter.com/f98n6so8TU
    — Brie Larson (@brielarson) February 12, 2019
    The 29-year-old Oscar winner did a lot more than just push heavy cars to prepare for her starring title role in Captain Marvel. She told E! News that a major part of the Captain Marvel character is her strength, so she wanted to make sure her body was in shape.
    To that end, Larson said she spent three months training 4.5 hours every day. "If I was seeing this movie, I think it would mean so much more to me knowing there was that type of dedication put into it and that it's not, 'Girls are strong with CGI,'" Larson said. "It's, 'Girls are strong [period]!'"
    By the end of her training, Larson said she could deadlift 215 pounds and perform 400-pound hip thrusts.
    Captain Marvel hits theatres on March 8, and it'll be followed by Avengers: Endgame in April. Larson is set to reprise her role as Captain Marvel in that film. You can watch the latest TV trailer for Captain Marvel in the video embed above.

More...
Working...
X